Executive Director, Basketball Operations
Head VBG/VBC Coach
Anthony (AT) Taylor is a former NBA prospect with the Boston Celtics and Indiana Pacers. Anthony played professional basketball in the CBA, the China Over-Seas League, and the USBL's Westchester Wildfire. He also played collegiate ball at Division 1 Miami of Ohio University where he led his team to the prestigious Sweet 16 Round of the NCAA Tournament. At Miami of Ohio University, AT was one of the Top 10 Scorers in NCAA DIV 1 averaging 21.9 ppg his senior year.
AT is considered one of Massachusetts' greatest high school players. While in high school at North Cambridge Catholic, he received numerous awards over a three-year span, including First Team All-MAC 2000, Boston Globe All-Scholastic Recipient, Boston Herald All-Scholastic Recipient, Street & Smith All-American, Boston Herald Dream Team, Bay State Games Gold Medalist, and Boston Shoot Out Player. He's also a member of the very exclusive 2,000 point club and averaged well over 30 points per game, even scoring a record high of 54 in one game.
AT has played with and been tutored by many of the world's greatest basketball players and coaches. Coach AT brings this level of experience. Special Thanks to the following ; High School coaches Frank & Jim Mc Grail and the family, all of my youth coaches that I was connected to, Pat Skerry, Prep School Coaches at Hargrave Academy, Pro coaches, Miami Ohio and for all those people that have been mentors.
Read some of AT's successes -- learn what his early years were really like.
- Cut from middle school park league team 7th grade
- Played multiple sports such as football Pop-Warner, Club soccer, baseball, and played the Tuba, but decided after 7th grade year to go into another direction for sports
- Made park league summer team the following year
- Made the St. Joseph's Winter CYC League
- Made All Star team the following year for St. Joseph's Winter CYC League
- Trained by Patrick Skerry in middle school who went on to became the coach of the Providence College Mens Team. At the time he was a college player for Tufts basketball mens team.
- Selected to play in the National Youth games, which were considered the best of the best players in the country, chosen by a national committee. Each state selected the top 8th graders across the USA to participate in this Atlanta Youth Sports National event.
- Attended North Cambridge Catholic High School -- At that time (1990 to 1994), it was considered by the Boston Globe sports team one of the most dominant High School programs around the inner city
- Received the honor of Freshmen of the year
- Averaged over 10 points per game as a Freshmen
- Averaged over 28 points per game in 10th grade
- Selected Boston Globe All-star Scholastic in 10th, 11th and 12th grade
- Considered for the Dream Team Herald three times in a row -10th, 11th and 12th grades
- Made the Original Boston Shootouts three summers in a row. The event that was held at the Boston Garden. Each state around the USA selects the best high school players in every state, and this event is held at Boston University and the Boston Garden. The Boston Globe, USA Sports Poll, New York Times, Reebok, and Pepsi consider this basketball tournament to be the best in the world. The NBA currently has an enormous amount of players who have participated in this tournament -- for example, Paul Pierce from the Boston Celtics, and Stephan Millbury who is currently playing for the Celtics and who played for the New York team as well.
- Scored 54 points as a 10th grader at North Cambridge Catholic
- Made the Bay State Games and won the Gold Medal Award three times in a row for Metro West in high school summer times
- Received MVP in Catholic High School League as a 10th grader and for the next two years while at North Cambridge Catholic
- Received National honors of Hoopgroup Eastern Invitational camp as the MVP in the summer of 1993 as a Junior in High School (www.hoopgroup.com)
- Received All Camp Elite team at Hoopmountain as a 10th grader in high school (www.Hoopmountain.com)
- Awarded Runner-Up for Mr. Gatorade player of the Year in Massachusetts in 1994
- Received McDonald's High School All-American honors -- considered to be one of the top players in the USA
- Attended Hardgrave Military Prep School for a post-grad year. This school is considered as one of the high-level academics and athletic schools in the world.
- Attended Miami University Ohio with head coach Herd Sendix who was assistant coach to Rick Pinto for many years, and with Shawn Miller who is now considered to be one of the up and coming college men coaches today. Also coached by in college who is now the Head Coach for a Big Ten - Ohio State.
- College Career team stats:
- Won league championship for two years
- Went to the NCAA tournament during my career for three years and won the Sweet 16 Visit in 1999
- Played in front of 46,000 viewers worldwide on CBS against Kentucky
- Received honors senior year by averaging over 20 points per game.
- Placed Division I Top Ten in the country senior year
- Received runner-up for MVP senior year in college
- Received honors for going 1,000 points in college
- Received honors to go NBA combines
- Played in the NBA developmental league during the summer and off season months
- Played over-seas in China during the summer months
- Received honors to attend NBA workouts as well for professional teams
And now, has decided to use his talent and experience to get in the work field of basketball player development -- By combining all the teaching, mentoring, mental training, and basketball training decided to go into this field to help provide the resources of knowledge, and on hands field expertise, to pass on the vision to student athletes who want to get better through player development